Hrastnik Glassworks

Web store sign

CORPORATE INFORMATION

 

 y1f1l1 

Our history

steklarna  2011_m

2004 – 2013
In 2005, the packaging glass product line was moved to a brand new plant, built according to the standards of the best available technique for the industry following EU recommendations.

In 2010, Mr Andrej Božič became the general manager of Steklarna Hrastnik. Under his leadership, Steklarna Hrastnik has managed to stabilise its business operations, reformed sales strategies and focused on the manufacture of luxury glass products marketed under its own trademark.

Read more...

steklarna 2004_m1992 – 2004
In 2002, Steklarna Hrastnik began operating as a group composed of three companies – one producing glassware, the other lighting glass, and a plant for glass processing and decoration.

In 2002, Steklarna Hrastnik began operating as a group, composed of the controlling company ‘Steklarna Hrastnik - skupina d.d.’, and three controlled companies: ‘Vitrum’ for the manufacture of glass products, ‘Opal’ for the manufacture of lamps and lights, and ‘Stedek’ for glass processing and decoration.

steklarna 1990 poar1988 – 1992
In 1990, Steklarna Hrastnik, a fire broke out, damaging the facilities and certain functions. Due to the disintegration of Yugoslavia and subsequent 60-percent drop in sales in the markets of the former federation, Steklarna Hrastnik carried out a vast programme and market restructuring process in1992, focusing instead on European markets.  

steklarna 19581945 – 1973
In the aftermath of the war, the Glassworks were nationalised and operated as part of the Slovenian glassworks system, but became independent after 1947. By the early 1970’s, automated bottle production was introduced, and opportunities were sought to market the lighting programme in the West.

steklarna 1935_m1921 – 1945
The Hrastnik Glassworks became part of the Sijedinene tvornice stakla Group, with its headquarters in Zagreb, being the leading company within the Group. During World War II, the production of glass items was severely reduced, dropping to 25 percent compared to pre-war quantities.

 

steklarna 1908_m1903 – 1921
The management of the Glassworks was taken over by a businessman named Wieltschnigg. This savvy entrepreneur focused production to merchant glass, marketing products in the European and overseas markets, while the Glassworks took over much of the glass industry in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

steklarna 1875

1860 – 1903

In 1860, a glassmaking plant was built in the small town of Hrastnik and in a little more than a decade, it grew to become one of the largest glassworks of the then Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. By the end of the century, the glassworks specialised in three glass product lines – glassware, packaging and lighting glass, while the manual production gave way to industrial processes using presses and semi-automatic machinery.

DPPpolniAng

FAMILY FRIENDLY COMPANY

In November 2011, Steklarna Hrastnik  was proud to receive the basic Family Friendly Company Certificate.

zaposleni

STAFF DEVELOPMENT

We are well aware of the fact that well-motivated staff, equipped with expert knowledge and..

More

okolje

ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
We place great importance on the protection of the environment.

More

nagrade

OUR AWARDS

 

Steklarna Hrastnik was a finalist at the 2012 Zlata Nit pageant in the Big Companies category, and received... 

CertifikatAAANaslovna ang

OUR CERTIFICATES

 

Ambiente International Fair was granted the Ethical Style Guide certificate to Steklarna Hrastnik.

MORE

CONNECT

y1 f1 l1p1

Want to contact us?

  1. Contacts
  2. Where we are
crta  TELEPHONE 
  NUMBER

 +386 (0)3 56 54 600
crta  TELEPHONE 
  NUMBER

  +386 (0)3 56 54 623
crta  E-MAIL 
  ADDRESS

 
EBA2014 15Logo ambasador